Re: [NTLK] Simputer Released

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 05:48:43 PDT

Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:
>>http://www.amidasimputer.com/
>>

>> Definitely interesting, but clearly a downgrade from the MP2100=20
>> hardware in many respects...
>>
>> Still, it's not that far off...
>
> How is it a downgrade? I see some improvements over the
> N2000... color, 64 meg internal, other things can be listed, but were
> the downgrades?

Screen resolution. Still haven't seen any device near the 2x00's size and
screen resolution. I'll admit that 480x320 is kind of a strange size, but NOS
2.1 on anything less would be really, really cramped IMHO.

Other than that, it does seem like a very likely target. Heck, I'd like to
get my hands on one, Einstein or no Einstein.