Re: [NTLK] External Power Packs for Newtons

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 06:43:29 PDT

First off, does anyone use a external battery pack for their Newton on
a regular basis?
I am inquiring about anything other than the Newton Booster Pack or
the specialized pack that was placed in the Newton 1x0 cases.

I'm just fiddling around with a pack I bought and testing it out to
see how long it lasts. My only concern is to understand the caution
statement made by others regarding the recharging of the Internal
Rechargeable Pack by this External Rechargeable Pack.
Someone please clarify why this would be a problem - in laymen's terms...

While testing my External Rechargeable Pack it has shown that it does
indeed recharge the internal pack and IIRC the Newton drops to trickle
charge after it's charged...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung