Re: [NTLK] External Power Packs for Newtons

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 05:29:10 PDT

That is perfectly in line with the assumption that the battery booster pack
delivers 6V max.
Having a rechargeable pack inside the Newt would of course shorten the
maximum operation time because part of the energy from the booster pack goes
into charging the internal battery pack instead of adding this power to
extend the operation time.
As long as the internal battery provides sufficient voltage the current will
be drawn from there. As soon as the internal battery pack goes below the
voltage of the external power pack minus the voltage drop via the series
diode, the external booster pack will take over, i.e. adding the run-time
with the external pack to the one of the internal batteries.

Cheers
Johannes