[NTLK] Survey - Newton and midi

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 13:42:53 PDT

Hi,

I think i could make a MIDI interface for the MessagePad/eMate.

I would love to do it for the reasons below:
  - MessagePad is a pda, never heard of a midi pda
  - the same cable/adapter will work on the Mac serial port too

Questions:
  - Can the NewtonOS handle and manage midi files?
  - Did ever exist a audio software for the NewtonOS capable of driving
midi files (i.e. a BinHexer for midi) ?
  - Do anyone have a point onto developing a software for it?

Please let me know what do you think about it.

Thanks in advance for sharing your ideas

Adriano Angelillis