Re: [NTLK] Problem rebuilding 2X00 battery

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 21:58:59 PDT

On Apr 12, 2005, at 3:30 PM, Tom W. wrote:
<snip>
> The trouble is, when she put the new batteries in the battery casing
> of the
> 2x000, they seem to stick up a bit, making it difficult to put the
> cut-out
> lid back on.
>
> Is this a common problem or did we do something wrong?

Very common. Sometimes these new cells are actually a bit larger in
diameter, or sometimes just the wiring can make it tough.

If you followed Franks method, I think he presented some potential
solutions in his directions? This is from my memory, so I might be
wrong. On one occasion I ended up needing to file away some of original
battery casing in order let it slide reasonably easily... This was
tricky as the casing is very thin in certain areas.

Marty