Re: [NTLK] Cosmetic Mods for Newtons

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 14:11:41 PDT

On Apr 13, 2005, at 12:26 PM, Becky K wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Well, I haven't had any progress with the hinge fix on my new eMate.
> Someone had
> apparently already stripped the top-right screw holding the display in
> place, so
> I'm stuck with a display that won't come out. I added grease to the
> hinges and
> sealed it back up while I search for a solution to the screw trouble
> that will
> risk the least amount of damage to the display.
Get a drill bit just about the size of the stripped torx head and drill
on the stripped screw head until it comes free from the screw shaft....

> In the meantime, I'm planning a cosmetic modification for the time
> when I can
> open it all the way up.
>
> What I'm hoping to do is mount some plastic gears on the inside of the
> display
> casing so that, when the light hits the eMate just right, it will
> appear to be
> at least partially gear-powered. If the gears won't fit, I may just
> paint the
> inside of the casing so it would appear as if there were gears inside.
That's a cool idea. It would be great if they could turn also. I bet
some old watch gears might fit somewhere...

There have been a number of painted cases as well as the hand made
Japanese clear 2100 case...

Marty