[NTLK] eMate NewtWorks Document Transfer with Mac OS X

From: Irfon-Kim Ahmad (irfon_at_ambienautica.com)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 20:16:07 PDT

Hi everyone,

Is there currently an easy way to transfer the word processing
documents made by NewtWorks to and from a Mac OS X system with a serial
port that doesn't involve using Classic? I'm sorry if I've missed
recent developments; my eMate has had a broken display cable for some
time. I'm pondering getting it fixed, but part of making that call is
knowing whether or not it'll work for my needs. I never had any
success in the past transferring NewtWorks documents via Classic. I
could transfer other things and transferring the documents on my wife's
PC using the slowdown software and connection utilities worked fine,
but that starts to get really tedious really fast. Last time I
checked, none of the OS X apps handled the NewtWorks word processing
documents. I figured I'd poke in and see if that situation has
changed.