Re: [NTLK] MP2K1 w/Ser01 Card - case cracked

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 15:36:22 PDT

I am not sure that this is a common problem. I have three 2x00s in my
family with the SER-001 installed and no problems at all.
On the first one I was a bit timid about pressing it into place and had
to remove the back to get it to fully seat, and the microphone wire
can pose a problem.
once a crack is started I suggest using a solvent such as Testors
solvent available at hobby stores (not Airplane cement or glue). It
will dissolve the plastic and allow it to weld together. I have had
success with this for cracks in the case.

Woody