Re: [NTLK] Newton IM Question

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 04:50:36 PDT

On Saturday, April 16, 2005, at 07:54 AM, Sean Cross wrote:
> However, it doesn't seem to be very reliable. It works wonderfully
> for a few messages (where "few" is defined as anywhere between 0 and
> about 20), before it goes into a "write only" mode: I can write
> messages, and they will get sent, but I cannot receive messages. If I
> disconnect and then reconnect, all of the messages I missed show up.
>
> Sometimes, I can get around this limitation by closing the current
> chat window and reopening it, but not always.
>
> It sounds like it /might/ be a server problem, because of how I can
> send messages but not receive them, however it might be that the
> Newton has just locked up and has stopped receiving data. The server
> I'm using is jabber.palomine.net. Has anyone else been able to use
> this server successfully?

I don't think it's a server issue. I get this all the time with=20
jabber.com.au. I'm almost certain it's the client, but I can't remember=20=

who made it and I don't think they're updating it. I frequently get=20
errors from it, there is no return key support for the eMate, you=20
cannot add buddies to it and other things besides. I just use my iBook=20=

for IM at home and only occasionally use it when I''m not at home (at=20
school, for instance;-) and can get Wi-Fi Reception. There is NewtJab=20
but I've never got it to successfully work. It might do though=85

cheers

Adam=