[NTLK] Michigan Newton User Gathering Update

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 13:16:56 PDT

I did not die on the bike trail today, so it looks like we're still on for
tomorrow!

At the suggestion of my lovely SO, we're going to bring a cooler with some
cokes and diet cokes in it. Get caffeinated AND enjoy the Newton stuff. Should
be pretty decent fun time for all! I found a few rarer and more unusual
articles on eMates and Newtons in general, and I'll bring printed copies for your
viewing pleasure.

I just sent over the bar code reader software files to Marty, who has
generously offered to try and extract the .pkg file in a format that I can try to
load from my PC system. Thanks, Marty!
Umm, that's about it, other than I'm going to also try to burn some songs
onto a disk, so we can properly demo the .MP3-to-.PKG conversion process for
everyone. maybe some Elvis or Jimi Hendrix...

More to follow!

Matt the K.

PS My friend's bike suffered a catastrophic fatigue/break at a critical
point in his drive train. We went from doing eighteen miles off-road to a ride of
seven miles off-road and another seven or so (mostly walking, except for
downhill sections) on pavement. Not the usual death march ride, but it was fun!