Re: [NTLK] Recap of the Michigan Newton Gathering

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 10:51:16 PDT

As I have said before, and I am about to say again ( I repeat myself,
just ask my wife), I don't think USB is very useful for us on the
Newton.

It's true that it would be great for doing way with all the stupid
USB/serial hardware for newbies doing there setups.

The Newton has it is has gone way beyond USB, as ethernet and wifi
provide faster connectivity and lots of things to connect to.

There are no drivers for Newton to support USB devices (like printers).

I think that developers are better off leveraging more interesting
technologies like Bluetooth, which can allow all sort of great options
(network, keyboard, audio?).

Anyhow, my 2c on why USB isn't the holy grail.

marty