Re: [NTLK] Free your GPS

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 10:33:27 PDT

On Monday, April 18, 2005, at 12:41 PM, DJ Vollkasko wrote:

> A lot of the
> ideas that Adriano and I discussed now have been yabbed about with Ron
> before. So, if we're talking about credit, I'd prefer to believe that
> Ron

OK DJ...I now must humble myself. "It's all about the photographs" (my
wife's favorite joke about our wedding). Well, that and it just might
be fun or even useful. So, I personally would give credit (for
inspiration) to Grant Hutchinson and John Charleton for the Newton's
Around The World Gallery. And now, of course, the Newton Flickr group.
Grant and John are both, fantastic photographers. What they can do with
their eyes and a camera, can only inspire.

I'm hoping to get good enough with my digital camera to eventually do
QuickTime VR's (full sphere) panorama's of the best vista points in
Lake Tahoe. Lofty 5 year goal. The best part of this story is: When you
look at the ground (in the VR) your going to see my Hiking Newton
displaying the GPS co-ordinates, date and time, and a graphic map of
where the picture was taken...sort of a signature in time and space.

> Adriano put them into existence. Adriano immediately wanted to take up
> this idea and work on it.

Tools and ability...definitely where the appreciation should lie.
Adriano's talents are just now being demonstrated and his willingness
to dive in and create some of these ideas with quick turn-around should
be applauded. I wonder what other ideas he could help bring to fruition?

> Anyway, I get my GPS receiver at long last, ship to Manfredonia, and a
> week later, you can see
> http://homepage.mac.com/adriano.angelillis/PhotoAlbum8.html . I just
> love it when Newtonia works like that.
>
> So, and now about this silly idea I have, Adriano... ;=}

So, Adriano, about this OTHER silly idea I have... :-]

oh, never mind...maybe later.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail for Mac OS X. Cyberdog lives!
--
    |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET
--
Fetch...Send...Stay... "Good Boy!"