[NTLK] Think Different (sometimes works!)

From: JP (spacebar0_at_fastmail.fm)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 10:51:03 PDT

With any luck, this'll be the last woid (sic) on the EthernetComm
ver.x.x.x
The silence was so deafening, I'm sure folks are bored, saying, "Just
fix it, and bloody well move on."

Here are the results of spelunking the subject:
As chance would have it, ordered 2 WiFi cards concurrent w/Newt avec
3Com Ethernet card. As per previous post rather envisioned prob's
w/setting up WiFi on PB 1400c...therefore the card could serve dual
purpose on that machine (which has no native E/net support.) If WiFi
were inoperable, easy fix to install 3Com.

Turns out reverse. Shocked, amazed, incredulous (after having initially
seen disclaimer re: single Wifi card support) to find this .11b card
works w/Wavelan driver.

3Com now supporting this keyboard.

So....

Installed driver. Card lights. Router lights! Installed NewtScape.
Little green guy can surf!
Believe am connected straight to router rather than using Mac as AP
base. Are there negatives/consequences to this?
Anyway, so far, after struggling w/every possible combination for
installing 3Com, WiFi works first try. Go fig.

(shareware fees will bite my budget, but the Cape -- on about 1 hours
look is SIMPLY AMAZING!)

Now, onto installing SimpleMail. Hope one of these will allow some sort
of NewtWork, etc download to Mac platform (Jag.2.8 or OS 9.1)

Then, on to becoming a bookmaker.

Maybe even set up my web page.

or get Wicked With Wiki.

It would seem the serial is required for the NewLight. I shall consider
that on the list. Cool implementation. Wish I had cash straight up now.
C'est la vie.

Ok, I'll stop boring you all now.

Let's get on with the show!

Rock and Roll!