[NTLK] 'VideoPhone' software documentation

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 06:21:30 PDT

April 22, 2005

Hello Everybody:

I mentioned in another posting that I am attempting to get documentation so I can write a 'Read Me' file for the 'VideoPhone' Newton application. I am still hoping to hear from any developers or general Newton enthusiasts who have explored the functionality of 'VideoPhone'. I'd like to get more answers regarding the functionality of the PCMCIA card connection option, how to use the modem connection option, limitations of the serial patch cord connection option, and so forth.

I've sent a few inquiries to the software company that evolved from the original Russian developer's Newton software project (Paragon Software / PenReader Software???) Other than an automated response e-mail note, I've not yet heard anything. If anybody knows who the Russian software developer is/was and how to reach him via e-mail, please let me know.

I am enclosing two international telephone numbers (Russian?) listed for the 'VideoPhone' software app. The only thing holding me back from calling is the possible expense of such a call from Detroit, MI, USA and some doubt as to whether I can get an English-speaking person on the other end of the line. If anybody else would like to try to reach Paragon Software / PenReader Software to discuss the release of 'VideoPhone' documentation, the two numbers I have are: +7 (095) 789-67-17 or +1 (095) 408-76-77.

I am also enclosing a link to their company web site, which also lists e-mail contacts:

http://www.penreader.com/company/index.html

 Maybe we'll get lucky and receive a favorable response. So far though, I've not been so fortunate. Thanks in advance.

Warmest regards,

Matt the K.