Re: [NTLK] First Newton ever (and first post)

From: Charlie Ranlett (enigmaticmunkie_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 14:38:57 PDT

Thanks for all the responses; I should've been more
clear about my setup, maybe this'll help some:
Primary computer is a 15 inch 1ghz aluminum PowerBook
that will run Tiger as soon as that update arrives by
the end of this week (I hope).
IRda computer is a PowerBook 5300cs running 7.5.3. It
needs a reinstall or update no matter what,
OpenTransport is hopelessly screwed up on it
(reinstalls always fail). When I say "PowerBook," I
never mean this one. This is "IRda PowerBook" or
"SlabBook".
I also have a Power Mac 9600/300 running OS 9.1 that
is my most connected of my multitudes of old computers
(i.e. it actually has a monitor attached and has a
working modem).
After I get ethernet and modem card drivers installed
on the Newton, would it be possible to truly sync it
with my PowerBook via a short ethernet cable, or can
ethernet only be used for orchestrated file transfers?
Would I have a better experience using the 9600 and
original/"native" Newton software to sync, instead of
newer OS X apps?
I'm assuming that Newtons sync much like Palms do,
i.e. you plug it in and hit something and it
automatically updates on both sides.