[NTLK] Pepperpad information

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 13:11:50 PDT

Hey gang,
I sent an email to the makers of the Pepperpad and
here are the answers they sent me back (by the sheer
fact they emailed me back is a plus for them)
Ed
web/gadget guru

In answer to your first question, the product is
scheduled to ship from
Amazon.com on June 28th. At this time we do not
intend to add hand
writing
recognition to the Pepper pad, as we have yet to find
reliable hand
writing
recognition software. Therefore, we put a fully
QWERTY keypad on the
device. With regard to PIM software, we have designed
the Pepper for
recreational activities not work. We will initially
provide the
following
applications: Web browsing, e-mail, IM, a Journal,
Digital Music,
Photos and
Videos, and Games. In the future, we and our partners
will provide
additional digital lifestyle applications.

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial