Re: [NTLK] Newt on HGH

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 23:22:46 PDT

On Apr 26, 2005, at 4:35 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
> Nope...the pepper developers have no plans for
> handwriting or for any kind of PIM. They are
> marketting this squarely as an entertainment
> device...which I believe will be their ultimate
> downfall.

   Well, I'm thinking Linux people may jump all over it.. If the Pepper
people are SMART (a dubious proposition, given history..), they will
release a full-featured API that allows access to EVERYTHING on the
damn thing, and a version that has both USB 2.0 and a Firewire port
(and maybe a IDE connector on the inside for good measure, and miniPCI
or PC Card).. Firewire would be a good idea anyway - hook it directly
to your digital camera and do,, something..

Jim