Re: [NTLK] Telephony software - Any Interest?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 06:44:13 PDT

Matt,

Thanks for bringing that up again...
I will have to defer this to someone else who actually has the
programming expertise as I'm not yet started with NTK on my Color
Classic OR till I fine enough time to figure out NTK properly. Let me
get a few of my items off my work bench such as the backlights. :(

The only app that I would be interested in along that line would be an
actual answering machine/fax machine. There is something on UNNA but
actually doesn't do what it's name infers.

We have discussed on list many features that would be used for an
answering machine but I doubt that anyone here would be interested in
developing such an app.

The primary reason would likely be that it's not what a Newton is used
for from the remarks I got from others and that it would be a waste of
time. But from my point of view this would have been the perfect
accompaniment for any person on the go. The Newton is able to handle
phone calls through a fax/modem and many of them were packaged with
software for them to act as a (actual/functional) fax and voice mail
setup. You could set it up to receive messages and/or faxes which
could be reviewed later... Now if something was done along this idea I
would save up to buy that...

Now if there were ever such a beast or attempt at this please provide
any info you have :)

Just my thoughts... (day dreaming) - that was my 5 min break, back to work.=

--=20
God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family