Re: [NTLK] Press, bookmaker, and making AVI backdrops

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 14:46:05 PDT

*snip*
> I've been twiddling with 16 grayscale images, too, and some turn out
> beautiful, and some crap. That's on WinNT, with jpg opened in
> PhotoEditor, size adjusted, changed to 8bit grayscale and saved as
> .bmp. Then either File/Add to Newton Press project, cut & pasted to the
> spot it has to be... Or just paste to the right spot. And as I said -
> some look gorgeous, some crap. Arrrgh!

Ok one problem I see you have to save to 4bit grayscale .bmp. And yes I
seem to remember trying it before with Press and no problem. But this
time around I tried several different images and they all turned out
like crud. If I convert it to 4bit bmp then import it using X-port, the
image looks great, so it must be press. But why sometimes ok and others
   look like crud (and that is ALL it will do for me right now sheesh).

-Dan