Re: [NTLK] Looking for ATA/Compact Flash advice.

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 08:20:13 PDT

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 09:14:50AM -0500, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:
> What do I want lots of ATA storage space for? A Mp3 player. Can
> the Newton do it? Yes! ATA storage space and MP3's work well together
> on the Newton when few other things don't.

*chuckle* And this while there are $40 gizmos that will play CDs full
of mp3s, at full bit rates and in stereo. I think that this is at least
part of the "alpha-beta-dead" phenomenon you noted. While the Newton may
be able to do a given thing, it just doesn't do it as well as it should
to fit nicely into the "product space" as the core Newton function of
being basically a strap-on brain pack.

--
51. If one of my dungeon guards begins expressing concern over the conditions
    in the beautiful princess' cell, I will immediately transfer him to a