Re: [NTLK] Starting again! Problems reinstalling.

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 08:41:51 PDT

Hi Jon,

first off - sorry for the trouble you have.

There is in principle nothing wrong with the advice given to you regarding
the batteries.
If your battery pack died that way it was old and weak anyways.
But this does not help you much, I know.

What I do not understand is: normally you do not loose anything when the
battery goes down.
Especially not the whole contents of the internal memory!
In the worst case you may lose the bit of information/software that is
actually written into the memory when the battery finally drops out.
Be assured that it has been reported that the Newt keeps all the information
even after YEARS of being not powered at all!

I would recommend you to do a so called brain wipe - you seem to have lost
all the previous installed packages anyways...
This is done by holding the power button down while pressing the RESET
button (on the back of the MP2x00) until you see a message on the screen.

Then try to install all your packages again and everything should work
fine...

Good luck and most of all:
have alot of fun with your Newt!

Cheers