Re: [NTLK] connection help

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 23:49:32 PDT

The preferred way to get data from and to the Newt is Ethernet, standard
wired or wireless, as you prefer.
There was a long thread some time ago about the question of chicken and egg:
what you need FIRST is to get some drivers for Ethernet/wireless onto your
Newt.
To avoid the dongle there are in principle two possibilities:
1) you find another Newt guy close to your place and he can beam the
packages via IR to your Newt
2) there is the possibility to install the needed drivers from a memory
card - so the so called card loaner program was initiated to help people out
All you need to do is to find out who is the guy closest to you who can lend
you a memory card with the drivers you need on it.

But of course you have still the option of buying a dongle and use the
classical method to connect via serial to a Mac or PC...

Cheers
Johannes