Re: [NTLK] (-1) error with NCU and Windows

From: bill bennett (williamfrancisbennett_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 16:47:48 PDT

OK, on that basis I cranked CPU Killer down really
low.

At 50% reduction, I'm still getting the error. At 60%
reduction I'm still getting the error.

So how aabout a 90% reduction in speed? -- we're
talking CRAWLING along.

This gets rid of the (-1) error, but the backup still
fails with the Newton reporting that the PC is
disconnected.

So, what's the answer here, keep fiddling with
settings between 60% and 90% to find a happy medium,
or is there something else causing back-up to fail?
Remember, synch and other NCU functions work fine.

--- Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> You have to remember that back in 1997, a 300MHz
> machine was considered
> fast.
>
> HTH
>
> Tony
>
> [snip]
>
> Hmm, CPU Killer (and Slowdown) don't appear to fix
> the
> problem. And anyway, my office desktop is a
> relatively
> slow 800Mhz Pentium III.
>
> I'm only getting this error when backing up.
> Synchronising and package installation appear to
> work
> as normal. COuld there be a problem with the 57kbps
> tweak?
> [snip]
> --
> Release Date: 11/08/2005
>
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles:
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Bill Bennett

I'm between Internet accounts
For the moment use this email: williamfrancisbennett_at_yahoo.com.au