Re: [NTLK] OS X for Intel Cracked, Successfully Running on PC Hardware

From: okto (oktology_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 22:31:10 PDT

A large part of our virus immunity in the OS X era is the fac that all
the potentially-vulnerable layers of our OS (the ones below the GUI,
below Cocoa and Carbon), are Unix, and nearly thirty years of thousands
of people's lives has been spent making Unix securable. The holes have
already been found and plugged. Certainly that's not to say we are
immune, but if you secure your system well, few things are going to get
in that you don't want getting in.