Re: [NTLK] Tiger sync w/2100

From: Alex Nonnemacher (nonjo_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 20:00:08 PDT

Welcome back! I recently revived my Newt and am devoted all over again!

There's a program called Newtsync that will sync with Mac OS X's
Address Book and iCal, but the sync isn't so hot. There are
limitations, such as:
-Address Book entries with notes beyond 20 characters are known to
make Nsync hang. I managed to get a number of contacts from my Mac
onto my Newton, but many never arrived on the Newton. Also, the first
sync attempt nuked the entire address book database, so back it up if
you're thinking about trying it.
-iCal sync is reportedly broken in Tiger, especially where recurring
events are concerned.
-The textsync plugin is pretty good. You can have all of your Notes
sync to your Mac as text documents, and you can upload plain text
files to your Mac, which is also very cool.

http://www.newtsync.com/

There's the DCL's Escale, too, but I haven't had much luck there.
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dcl/#escale

Newten works very well for X-native package installs if you have a
Serial-USB adapter.

Also, Packager is a big help if you get a package that doesn't want
to install.
http://www.metastasis.net/mici/newton_e.html

http://stevenf.com/software/newten/

You can still use NCU in classic. It works with my Airport Express
card in my PC with a Lucent Wavelan WiFi card in the Newt, too.

There are some other pretty cool hacks over here, but I must confess
to feeling a little bewildered by many of them.
http://www.40hz.org/

Alex