Re: [NTLK] Whereabouts of 2004 Newton Conference DVD

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 02:28:46 PDT

On 16 Aug 2005, at 3:29 am, Rod wrote:

> Seeing as WWNC was a whole year ago now, what is the status of your
> project (if you don't mind me asking)? Form reading the paper, it
> seemed like you still had a fair number of functions to go.

That=92s still the case :) After the conference I got a NewtonScript =20=

compiler going, spurred on by the work of Makoto Nukui and his NEWT0 =20
project <http://www.so-kukan.com/gnue/archives/2005/03/=20
newt0_009_20050_1.html>. Over the past year, however, I=92ve been =20
working mainly on the OS kernel rather than the NewtonScript =20
interpreter. I was hoping it might shed some light on the -10061 =20
problem - although no luck so far. But from what I=92ve learned, if =20
there is another WWNC I could give a paper entitled =93Implementation =20=

of the Newton Name Server.=94

Simon