Re: [NTLK] "Jaggies" and "rings"(?) [from newtontalk Digest V5 #405]

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 13:12:42 PDT

Newton rings are caused by having the touch screen being damaged a
bit in one spot. The plastic film overlay on the glass needs to be
properly supported by ITO "spots" to prevent these rings. It seems
that you have a bit of a problem screen that cannot be fixed except
by replacement.
A screen protector will not cause Newton rings on a Newton. The top
surface of the Newton touch screen is a roughened surface and this
prevents Newton rings from forming.

--
Mark Ross
markr13_at_verizon.net