Re: [NTLK] Definitive List of Newton 2100 Unique Capabilities

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt (Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 15:07:30 PDT

At 22:23 19.08.2005, you wrote:
>And it's not just a dynamic link to
>another database like it is in other PDAs, but it is
>an *awareness* of the other application's ability to
>share data.

Well, that be might just a perfect example for what
Muniz and Schau call "anhtropomorphization" of the
Newt by its owners.

http://userinnovation.mit.edu/papers/MunizSchauNewton.pdf

"Awareness" - now give me a break. I know by know
about the very real differences between a file-
a soupbased system, I can see that Larry Yaeger is a genius and all

ftp://ftp.apple.com/research/neural/larryy/ANHR/AIMag/Yaegeretal.AIMag.pdf

but "awareness" - come on.

>(I don't know enough
>about the Palm to know if they do this)

It won't help to tell you that my Palm IIIc installs
apps & files and syncs via infrared like a charm, will
it?

>It's this level of autonomous existance (...)

Here we go again ...

Best,

Marcus