Re: [NTLK] Definitive List of Newton 2100 Unique Capabilities

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 16:24:09 PDT

On Aug 19, 2005, at 10:44 AM, John Hay wrote:

> fail to have come across a definitive clear outline or list of
> all the specific tasks which the Newton 2100 does that other PDA's
> [such as Palm] to this day do NOT.

I wonder if there could ever be such a definitive "list", people keep
adding functions to the Newt all the time! (Well, and those other
things are catching up, slowly).

Here's something that continues to amaze me, and no one has pointed
out yet - the shape recognition and drawing editing functions. Draw a
circle on the notepad - it turns into a circle. OK, we all knew that.
Highlight an arc of that circle and duplicate it, drag it, delete it,
change its style. Draw some lines or polygons. Highlight them. Move
their vertices around. Scale the drawing. Double tap and duplicate.
Anyone else think this is incredible? I haven't seen another machine
that can do that, or anything remotely like that (not like you'd want
to on such a small screen.)

Anyway, just my two cents.