Re: [NTLK] replacement backlight power

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 14:35:36 PDT

> I recently bought a replacement backlight for a 2100
> from a list member, and with all of the talk about
> replacements being dimmer than the originals, I was
> thinking that I might like to see the replacement
> powered up before having it transplanted into my Newt

That wouldn't be a real comparison. The backlight has to pass
through the LCD and a couple of reflective surfaces,
which means that about one sixth of the backlight's
brightness will reach your eyes if you look at it through
the LCD / glass pane / another glass pane / touchscreen.
If you want to compare brightness, you need to either
look directly at both backlights, or put both backlights
into Newtons.

Frank