Re: [NTLK] Apple Seeks Handwriting Recognition Expert - We Can

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 20:50:23 PDT

Larry Yaeger wrote:
<snip>

> question"... How many words/minute can you=20
> print?... Naaah). A decent touch typist can type=20
> 80 words/minute, and some professionals can type=20
> up to 120 words/minute. Pens are not going to=20
> replace keyboards for nominal data entry.

<snip>
there used to be this thing called 'shorthand' where the idea wasn't to
write characters but to write words. if you don't count words per minute
by counting 'character' based words then attaining the same speed as a
good touch typist is not so big a deal.

sure wish i could do something with my 12" powerbook so that it turned
into a big shiny newton ;-)

ps my 5" wacom writes ok, HWR works right out of the box. but I was
never happy with the s l o w response trying to use it to replace my
mouse. actually it kept acting like a mouse and not a tablet (yes i
verified the settings in the prefs) but I also can confirm that the HWR
is top notch on Panther at least.