[NTLK] Help with Newton and Ethernet/WiFi cards

From: Michael Stuparyk (floyd_zeppelin_hendrix_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 15:06:19 PDT

Hey all,

I'm a newb to NewtonTalk! I probably will be spending more time
reading about Newton stuff!

I've just dusted off my MP2000 and decided to use it again. I need
your help with getting it syncing with Mac OS X Tiger, if you don't
mind.

First, I need to get at least one of my cards to work. These are the
ones I have handy, and I've installed all the ethernet drivers and
WiFi driver I could find. I've followed all the steps, I think, but
the Newton doesn't seem to recognize any of the cards. In fact, it
doesn't even say "Communication Card inserted" when I pop one of them
in. Here are the cards:

3Com Megahertz LAN 10/100 CardBus (Model 3CCFE575BT)
Edimax Wireless LAN EW-7106PC 802.11b
IBM 11 a/b/g Wireless (on rear: 802CAG Manufactured by Actiontec for
IBM)
IBM EtherJet 10/100 Ethernet PC Card

My other option for syncing I suppose is serial. I have a Belkin USB
to Serial Adaptor (F5U103) but it fails to ship with OS X drivers
(and I can't seem to find any). I got it work under Windows 2000 in
VPC. Is there anyway to use that connection to get it working in OS
X? Like a pass-through perhaps?

I also have a chance of getting a D-Link 650 Ethernet card. Is this
card known to work?

It is all greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Michael Stuparyk