[NTLK] OT: Fly Pentop

From: Ian Iverson (8-bit_persona2986_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 18:55:28 PDT

   In my opinion, it is a *small* step forward
technologically, but a large step back scientifically.
 When people buy a PDA, they usually do it in part to
REDUCE the consumption/cost of natural/man-made
resources such as paper and ink. Also, when you "save
information" such as contacts on this thing, you're
basically back to stowing written pieces of paper and
reading them later. (if you can find them intact)
What is the point!? Also, speaking as a member of the
target audience, I too think that the website and
device are stupid and are no use to me whatsoever.
(just one of those "you're hip if you can afford this"
products) In high school, I rarely *need* it, but I
use my Zaurus SL-5500 for things like contacts
(mini-keyboard) and my Newton MP 2100 for notes,
drawings, calculations, etc. ("true" HWR is a REAL
convenience!)

-Ian