Re: [NTLK] Help with a little program !

From: Toby Hutton (tobyhutton_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 22:38:53 PDT

On 01/09/2005, at 3:22 PM, Ted Ramsden wrote:

> Sorry for my ignorance ! Make a file in what ? Then enter the
> text where ?

tr is a command line utility - you can run it in the terminal
(Terminal.app)

It's only really suited for translating with one-to-one matches
though, probably not what you're looking for. I'd use maybe sed or
awk... no actually the best command line tool would be flex. But
these are all very unixy concepts.

Maybe an applescript could do it?

Toby.