Re: [NTLK] OT: Fly Pentop

From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 23:05:54 PDT

>Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:47:34 +0200
>From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de

>A solution for *this* century would
>of course replace the paper with E-Paper. Back to the scroll. I think
>I've seen some Philips prototype a while ago - basically a fat,
>butt-ugly scroll with an E-Paper screen rolled up inside, and some
>whacky gears in the back to support the screen. Per-fect.

Happily quoting myself since I just came along it
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000000056818/
and it already looks much better, the last one I saw looked pretty
repulsive. It does not seem very lefty-friendly though. As such this
is a read-only device, sadly.

Oliver

BTW, is anyone else getting obscene amounts of virus spam to their
list adresses?

--
"We used to be afraid of comets. The dinosaurs should have been
afraid of comets. Now it is the comet's turn to be afraid,"