[NTLK] Connection Mac OSX to 2100

From: Adrian Marsh (adrianrmarsh_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 05:34:28 PST

Dear Newton Users,
I am trying to work out the best way of connecting my Newton 2100 to
my new iBook, using a USB adaptor of some kind. The adaptors
discussed in the Escale documentation seem to be no longer available,
and the one I have tried (using the Newton 2100 dongle, the PC
connection cable and the adaptor with its own USB cable) to use
causes the whole system to crash (an unbranded adaptor bought in
Sweden's Clas Olson chain), although there is a brief, tantalizing
moment when the message appears that the name of the Newton is being
sought… then the spinning wheel of death and nothing.
This is possibly a banal question, but having just found the list, I
thought I would ask.
Regards,
Mr Adrian Richard Marsh MA
adrianrmarsh_at_mac.com