Re: [NTLK] I'm confused ...

From: andrewfox_at_mac.com
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 13:51:05 PST

Hi,
Hiroshi's original code did not necessarily like 3.3V cards. The
Kallisys More Wifi package adds some support for 3.3V cards but YMMV
depending on which card you have.

My personal experience has been that 3.3V cards also tend to be
CardBus so NOT for Newton though some of the older 3.3V cards are okay.

Generally better to stick with 5V and 16bit (32bit = CardBus) and
therefore 802.11b support ONLY from the Newton side.

But remember that 802.11b can talk to newer wireless access points
that have a 802.11B + G compatibility mode anyway.

I also know that some users have had issues with running More WiFi
and Hiroshi's driver together. Duplicate wireless card entries for one.

Hope this helps.

regards
Andrew