Re: [NTLK] IMDB

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 20:36:04 PST

Matt Howe wrote:
> I noticed in UNNA that there are a number of packages in the book section
> with titles like IMDB_CAU.PKG, imdb_ra1.pkg, imdb_rat.pkg, imdb_top.pkg,
> etc. Are these book forms of the Internet Movie Database? If so, what are
> the different files and how do they relate to each other if at all?
someone (i forget who) used to track the IMDB data and convert it to
Newton books. But the IMDB folks kept switching formats which made it
hard to automate the conversion. in the end the newton / palm conversion
died as the author got tired of chasing the moving format. (which is
what the IMDB folks wanted).

as I said I forget who did all of that work but that's my (poor)
recollection of events. I _think_ the above packages are variations of
the data.

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.