[NTLK] NuShields

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 07:49:42 PST

Just got one pack each (the matt and the clear finish) of the NuShields
from NuShield on line.

A few short comments:

1. The overall design and material are terrific. That said, because of
my very poor eyesight . . . .
2. There is a slight loss of visibility through the thin film to the
Newton screen,
3. The length (the long way with straight end) of each film sheet was
about 1/16" longer than "my" 2100 case opening and had a hard time
getting the film all the way in lengthwise. Once in however a very nice
fit, but I caused a little crimping of the film in the process. Maybe
next time I'll slice of a 1/16th" to avoid this.
4. There was a very slight degradation of the pen handwriting pressure
recognition.

For "me" anyway, the cost in visibility and input degradation, although
both minute, is greater than the benefit of protecting the screen. I
don't do a lot of input, and what I do is spread out vs. concentrated
spots on the screen.

Having said all this, I would nonetheless HIGHLY recommend these
innovative film protectors for the normal average Newton user as they
definitely fit the BEST and were the CLEAREST of them all.

Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2006!!

Cheers,
peace,

John

p.s ....as of tomorrow, December 8th, it will have been TWENTY FIVE
YEARS that John Lennon was shot. Hard to believe. So sad. Why can't
everyone just live together in peace? I don't know. But will keep trying!