Re: [NTLK] VoiceNotes

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 12:52:44 PST

On 08/12/05 14:11, "Giulio Marchi" <emfdb_at_tiscali.it> wrote:

>> All I can
>> say is that modasys seems to be still selling this product,
>> and that two days ago I've been talking to one of their
>> support people
> Thanks, Frank. This clarify the issue of Modasys being alive and
> VoiceNotes being a shareware. Therefore no more public discussion about
> how to use it without registration.

I'm not sure about how alive Modasys is. *ALL* their email addresses on
their website bounced back. The registration page for the Newton version of
VoiceNotes is still only in German.

I contacted Frank Gruendel to see if there was still someone at the phone
number showing on their webiste. There was someone and Frank finally got me
an email address so that I can contact someone because after some snafus on
my Newton, I can't register the application anymore as it uses your email
address, your Newton serial number plus another registration number to
provide you with another number to enter on your Newton. Very convoluted, if
you ask me!

So, I sent an email to the address that Frank provided me 2 days ago and I
still haven't heard from them.

So, all in all, I'm not sure to what level Modasys is still in business. I'm
not suggesting using any of their software for free or anything like that,
but, in my own personal experience, their customer support has been close to
inexistent.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA