Re: [NTLK] [OT] PowerBook 1400 worth upgrading?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 14:03:03 PST

uh....no...

  It's newton only...we make allowances for grandfathered "newton" conversations involving Poutine, copyrights and abandonware, but this list is remarkably platform agnostic with it comes to desk/laptop machines...While perhaps there is a tendancy to lump Newton into Mac, it's a fallacy to believe that they have any similarity or basis in common other than the logo.
  Through the years, we've allowed Off Topic discussions but with a very-very-very strict observance of the [OT] designation in the subject. Failure to follow this proceedure will result in extreme (and sometimes excessive) flaming of the offender....This usually works quite well and forces the offender to never offend again (they usually leave, shut-up or threaten to leave or shutup...)
  Also...newtontalk-elders are usually given more lee-way when it comes to [OT] discussions as well...(if you don't know who a newtontalk-elder is, then you definatly aren't one)
  So there you have it...a somewhat on topic post on off topic posting!
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
  Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton: http://newton.tek-ed.com

"Mr.Graziano" <Catzindustries_at_verizon.net> wrote:
  Sorry but isnt this site for both Newtons and Macs?
Thanks

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial

Yahoo! Shopping