[NTLK] OT list rules or mannerisms WAS: Re: [OT] PowerBook 1400 worth upgrading?

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 18:47:17 PST

Martin Joseph wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2005, at 12:28 PM, Mr.Graziano wrote:
>
>>Thats like the third time you said that. Man and I thought Apple
>>Disscussions was mean.
I don't think it was mean, you do realise that it's hard to get any feel
for intensity of expression in email. but it usually is considered a
common pleasantry to make some vaugue attempt to follow the list
'rules'. which generally mean using OT in a header if the list requests
it. the message may have seemed a bit harsh to you but he has a valid
point, and I doubt he was trying to sound mean.

if you've never used a threaded reader then you have no idea how hard it
is to ferret out , uh 'noise' from a discussion. again i'm also not
trying to be evil (at this time;-) but it would be nice to do things
like use OT or even to redo the subject (as I've done here) as this is
both off topic and it no longer has anything to do with powerbooks,
newtons or anything else.

>>--
>

> Sorry, I am the total bastard around here apparently...
> Please don't take it personally...
>
> Marty

only as long as you don't make me use the shift key ;-) sorry way to
many years running AIX boxes. i only used the shift key if an argument
required it hehehehehe argument. i made a funny. ok so I thought it was
funny.

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.