Re: [NTLK] OT list rules or mannerisms WAS: Re: [OT] PowerBook 1400 worth upgrading?

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 19:46:36 PST

Apple Help wrote:
> is this a Newtontalk administraiter?

i presume you mean me? no. but i do RTFM, do you? that was my point.

I just wanted to say this company
> sucks. Why did they refer me here from Apple Discussions? Sorry though for
> the OT as you guys call it. I guess I thought this was a normal place where
> you can get together and talk about computers like Apple Discussions but
no this is NOT like apple discussions or it would be called something
like apple discussions. it's called NEWTON TALK it's about apple newtons
and their derivatives. any other computer discussed is in relation to
how it interacts with a newton. not the other way around.

> everyone hear is to busy with Newtons to talk about Macs huh? I have a

uh that IS the point of THIS list.

> Newton 110 will you guys talk about that at least?
when you bring that up in a conversation then we'd be happy to discuss it.

> Thanks and sorry for being rude I didnt mean to call you bad but this
> company awto get so Mac support!

well the only mac / pc / linux / solaris / aix / os400 / dynix / hpux /
mvs / domain / multic support offered is in relation to how IT supports
an apple newton or derivative. period. anything else, if kept short may
or may not be tolerated.

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.