Re: [NTLK] Newton 110 Hand reconition is horrible. Connection issues

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 13:34:05 PST

On Dec 18, 2005, at 12:09 PM, Justin Graziano wrote:
<snip>
> Anyway I can't download off of UNNA.org for some reason. Everytime I
> try to
> download an orange package it just gives me a weird screen with a
> bunch of
> messed up letters! I held down the Command key and that downloads the
> stuff
> into Simpletext format.
Try control clicking on the link and choosing "save as..." Which OS are
you running on the mac? If it's a flavor of OSX then you will need to
remember these "packages" are Newton packages not OSX packages.
> Also you said for my mac (or PC) I wan't to say one
> thing. I don't use PC's I have many Macs but I hate PC's. Please don't
> say
> for my PC because it just reminds me of the thousands I spent on fixing
> those tin cans!

Heh, we try to keep down the flame wars in both directions here, so
we will accept the fact that you prefer the mac, as many of us do.
> Is it possible to upgrade the ROM?
I know in the MP120 it is as that unit is the only one AFAIK that
shipped both ways (1.3 and 2.0). It's not very cost efficient though,
even when possible.

Buying an MP2100 is your best bet IMO ;~)

Marty