Re: [NTLK] Emates and Power issues

From: Tony Kan (tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz)
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 12:37:32 PST

John

Thanks for replying. I just recently bought the machine so I can't say how
old the batteries are. Having said that the battlog file says that it went
10 hours before dipping below 15% suggesting that they are in pretty good
nick.

[snip]
.... interesting. Are you using a newly rebuilt or an old batter pack ?
[snip]
however I am looking into
purchasing a standard spring-loaded 4-AA-cell RadioShack battery
sled, to be so modified as to retain the thermister, switch, and
overload engineering. Have not had time yet but will be
experimenting with this approach. This way new NiMH batteries can be
replaced easily without any labor.
[snip]

Depending on the price, I'd be keen to purchase a couple.

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand