Re: [NTLK] Modem(newton 2000) to Modem(windows Xp)

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Dec 26 2005 - 13:16:15 PST

I have some experience with Windows platforms. But I have not had a lot of
success with an windows platform since Win98SE. I did not go the
slowdown.exe route though. I had an old 98 box and just moved everything
there. As for modem vs. a cable connection I have never done it. That being
said however, I will lend what knowledge I have to the process. Can one of
you send me, off list of course, where we stand and what has been tried? I
will add what suggestions I can.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/

Grant Hutchinson wrote:
<snip>
In a previous message, Charles Andrew typed vigorously:

> Hi, i need connect my newton messagepad 2000 modem to modem with my pc
>windows Xp, how to a make this connection? please help
>I use http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MODEMtoMODEM[1] but it
>doesn't work.

Is there anyone out in NewtonTalkland who can help Charles get his MP2000
talking to his Windows XP box?
<snip>