[NTLK] Einstein Thoughts

From: LARRY YOUNG (saillar_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 26 2005 - 18:46:25 PST

L.W.

Different Reviews of the newest model w/ 4gb HD

(http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/sharp_zaurus_sl_c3100)
(http://www.figlabs.com/catalog/zaurus.php)

OSX Developers Sites:

(http://www.quantum-step.com/wiki.php?page=About)
(http://www.dsitri.de/wiki.php?page=ZMacSync)

  Quote from Quantums site:

"We have a dream.
A real Mac in your pocket. Perfectly syncing.
Not to need to use a Win CE or Pocket PC device"

It sure would be nice if this came true. As much as I like my
Newton's, they are definitely getting long in the tooth.

I have an idea and Paul Guyot would have to agree to it. He is really
busy now. I say we all chip in and buy him a PDA of his choice to
move the Newton OS over to via Einstein. It's the least we can do for
all the support he has given us here and on his website.

If he agrees to it, I am willing to pony up fifty bucks towards it to
get the ball rolling.. Anybody else?

Victor, I hope I'm not out of line in suggesting this on the NTLK site.

I say fu_k Steve Jobs, we can't wait around forever for Apple to maybe
come out with a Newton/iPod. We have to take things into our own hands.
  I'm a loyal Apple user and will never go back to windows but I want an
OSX iTablet. I'm ready to build one myself from what I read of Joseph
DeRuvo's Mod of the iBook last year.
http://www.macmod.com/content/view/166/2/
$600.00 for TrollTouch to install a touch screen on an iBook. Couple
that with OSX's INK and you have a KING KONG size color PDA. I bought
a Fujitsu Tablet and loved using it until I had to get into
reinstalling some drivers in Windows XP, what a pain. I gave it away
for Christmas to a Windows user.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by claiming we need a new platform and
the Newt is getting old. You only have to look at the numbers, the
amount of people still actively supporting it..

I'll shut up now.

--
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all
inquiries