Re: [NTLK] Modem(newton 2000) to Modem(windows Xp)

From: Noah Christopher Leon (moosefuel_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 09:02:48 PST

Hey all,

I tried the modem-to-modem connection for weeks before I got in
contact with someone who would load ethernet drivers onto a card for
me. Then with an inexpensive 10mbps card I managed to use NCU and OS
X to sync.

That said, I also tried the modem-to-modem connection on a friend's
Windows XP box, with absolutely no success, in fact it was eerily
like trying to do it on my mac. I tried many things but could not
make the pc/mac modem pick up. One try I did I saw a lot of gibberish
in a terminal emulator coming from the Newton, but my attempts to
leave the connection (using zterm) open while switching to NCU were
utterly useless.

My advice: ask the friendly people on the list to do a card
switcheroo and load all the ethernet drivers on, and go to a computer
junk store or ebay and get yourself a nice little ethernet card.

Good luck!
noah