Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] Christmas Eve, Apple Store - Employees Still Using Newts!

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 20:53:43 PST

I picked up a dG5 box from Apple as a factory refurbished item. BTW,
what a great deal, but you have to act fast.

By accident, or perhaps fate, I noticed that the video card in the heart
of the beast, an ATI Radeon 9650, had _two_ jacks.

Being inquisitive I plugged in an old 22" [the plastic round frame] to
the second jack and it worked!

So, in keeping with my mantra [.....if one is good ten are better] I bit
the bullet and ordered a second new 23" screen. The old 22" plastic one
had deteriorated over time, had a yellow cast to it, a dead pixel here
and there.

I now have two of the 23" displays running off the one PCI video card!
So does this help answering your question?

Works great to double your desktop space for a huge productivity increase.

As usual everything [Apple] just works! Why can't the rest of the world ?

 1234zzzz.com/pub/dualcinema.jpg

Cheers for the new year, and peace be with you. John