Re: [NTLK] Einstein Thoughts

From: scott strungis (sstrungis_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 05:29:52 PST

On Dec 28, 2005, at 11:54 PM, LARRY YOUNG wrote:

> Adam
>
> Sharp introduced a new Zaurus in June of 2005.

Absolutely correct. The Zaurus SL-Cxxx series is still current
though never released in the US. I just bought an SL-C1000 last
month and I love love love it. They can be obtained though
importers, and auction sites. It has actually made me put my Newt
2100 and Psion 5mx aside for the time being. It does run Linux. It
also runs an ARM PXA 270 processor which should allow it to emulate
the Newt OS or allow a relatively easy port. There are also native
compilers built right into the Linux system. (Of course, not being a
programmer, I could totally be overstating this!)

The 1000 series has no Microdrive, but has support for SD and CF
cards. They run about $350 USD. The 3000 series comes with a 4 gb
Microdrive inside and (I believe) support for SDIO. It is more
expensive, running about $650 USD.

If ever there was a strong candidate for emulation or ports, the Z is
it.

Scott